...I would argue that it is sometimes the pain in things that make you appreciate them the most... it is my unconditional willingness to endure the middle-of-the-night feedings, the cleaning up of vomit, the screaming for no good reason, etc that makes me realize how much I love my child and love raising him...

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baby Kisses

It happens all the time... I make a kissy face at my son and next thing I know I have a big open mouth planted on mine. I am soaked with all of the spit that has been collecting in his little teething mouth and as he pulls away I see his big grin. He is so proud. He knows how to give kisses too. I'll have to teach him how frightened his dates will be if he goes at them like that but that can come later. For now I will just enjoy the moisture and awkwardness. He loves me enough to give me big open mouthed kisses. For as much as I know, maybe to him, the bigger the mouth the more that he is conveying his love. I'll just think that for now. He must love me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment