...I would argue that it is sometimes the pain in things that make you appreciate them the most... it is my unconditional willingness to endure the middle-of-the-night feedings, the cleaning up of vomit, the screaming for no good reason, etc that makes me realize how much I love my child and love raising him...

Monday, May 18, 2015

And the award goes to...

I love how a toddler can take the simplest of events and turn it into an Oscar winning performance.

Last night Matt got Zach into his jammies and then had to run down stairs to get something. Zach stood at the top of the stairs wailing and reaching for his father the entire time Matt was gone. As if he was never going to see his father again.

You might be saying to yourself, well he was scared, or he just needed a hug or reassurance, or he felt abandoned. Oh no. This is all while I was sitting no more than 10 feet from the child.

The other day Zach ran out of water in his cup while we were in the car. He started gasping and whispering water. As if he he had been denied a drink for days and was in the middle of desert.  For the next 5 minutes (until we got home), all I heard from the back seat was, "water, water, water, water, water, water, water." No break.

One day, our 14lb  dog accidently walked on Zach's foot as she passed by. You would have thought it was broken.

That was a particularly rough day.

No comments:

Post a Comment