...I would argue that it is sometimes the pain in things that make you appreciate them the most... it is my unconditional willingness to endure the middle-of-the-night feedings, the cleaning up of vomit, the screaming for no good reason, etc that makes me realize how much I love my child and love raising him...

Monday, January 30, 2012

Diaper Gussets

You will do yourself a great service if you fluff out the little gussets around the babies legs before you put the diaper on the baby. If you forget, you can kind of pull them out a bit after the diaper is on the baby. All this really entails is making sure the gussets aren’t stuck to the inside of the diaper and are resting squarely on the baby’s legs. This helps to avoid diaper leakage (when it can be avoided because you know what- it can’t always).

I was reminded of this lesson in the wee hours of the morning on Sunday when a simple diaper change turned into a major ordeal... all because of the gussets.

No comments:

Post a Comment