...I would argue that it is sometimes the pain in things that make you appreciate them the most... it is my unconditional willingness to endure the middle-of-the-night feedings, the cleaning up of vomit, the screaming for no good reason, etc that makes me realize how much I love my child and love raising him...

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Speech Update

The week after having my anxiety crisis outbreak, Zach started speaking more and more. He now says things spontaneously and will repeat most of what we ask him to say. His speech is not as clear as some other early speakers I have met but it is definitely there and thriving.

Some of his favorite words include:
Diaper
More
Done
Fraggles (yes the muppet characters from when we were young- he loves their music)
Apples
Woof Woof (when he sees a dog… or dog-like creature)
Boppy (it’s what he calls me)
Daddy
Light

I spoke with the Speech Language Pathologist at my school and she said that he is following a normal speech development process and he is still within the range of normal for a boy. My response to every question she had about Zach’s speech was positive- he is doing just what he needs to be doing.

So there you go.

Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!!! I'm glad it's lessening your anxiety (I have it too) and yay for Zach. I've been feeling similarly about K, and as you saw on FB she decided to 'click' and say more words recently too. Silly little kiddos holding it all inside and making us worry!

    ReplyDelete