...I would argue that it is sometimes the pain in things that make you appreciate them the most... it is my unconditional willingness to endure the middle-of-the-night feedings, the cleaning up of vomit, the screaming for no good reason, etc that makes me realize how much I love my child and love raising him...

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Gifts

We made heart crayons for his classmates. (Yes, I do actually use those pins from Pinterest, thank you very much!)
Instructions:
  1. Use silicon baking pan in special shape (I found mine at Michaels). You can use non-stick spray if you want but it isn't necessary.
  2. unwrap and break up crayons (it takes more than you would expect- I used 300 crayons to make approx 40 hearts)
  3. bake at 350 degrees for approx 12-15 mins (until all the crayons have melted into liquid- not retaining their shape)
  4. move baking pan into the fridge to cool and harden
  5. remove crayons when they have mostly cooled (still a tiny bit warm- they come out easier that way)
  6. I used 3D glue dots to adhere them to the cards.
And we brought a candy bouquet for all his teachers/ helpers.
He definitely thought it was for him.

Note that he was rocking some orange and red today! I will also tell you that his shirt says "MOM" with a heart around it because I self proclaim myself his valentine for the next several years. Love you, Zachy!

I will also add that we contributed Fritos to the class party fare.

I can't believe I'm in this stage of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment